Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Week 8

Dear Ransom,

This weekend you and I crossed an important milestone. We traveled. From Fort Benning Ga to Toccoa Ga ( its about a 3 and a half hour drive...if you don't have a baby...for us it was 4 and half).
But, this trip caused me to fall in love with you even more. ( If that's possible). The love was brought on by how incredibly wonderfully you behaved.

I mean sure, we had to pack practically everything including the kitchen sink to insure that you had all that you would need on this trip-and I found myself wishing that we own a pack mule or donkey or something once we got to Toccoa so that we might get all your stuff up to our room, but all in all traveling with you was a joy. For one thing...you slept. I timed our travel so that you ate before we left and then had about twenty minutes to enjoy life and then I piled you into the car, stuck your bear by your head ( yup! I did!), tucked your blanket around you and you were OUT...for a good two hours. Bless you, child.
This was perfect, because we stopped for an early lunch, you ate and then spent the time that *I* ate getting all your energy out so that once we got back in the car you were ready for another nap.
Bless you, child.

And so it was that we arrived to and fro the Navigator conference with much delight....

As for the conference, I learned that you have changed my life-for now anyway- and while that means I don't get to do normal conferenc-y things...I do get to have the joy of raising you! And so while the Navigators have the habit of asking "Who's your man/woman?" ( meaning, who is it that you're pouring your life into and helping in their walk with Christ...) I would have to answer that question now with..."You mean who's my Baby?!"
And believe me son, there is no one else I'd rather put my time and energy into!

All my love,
Your Mommy

In this picture, we had just driven almost two hours and you had woken up from your nap...I stopped and was getting you out of your car seat and instead of fussing because I wasn't doing it fast enough, you SMILED. So to reward you're good attitude I made the process EVEN LONGER by stopping to take this picture. You'll thank me later, promise.

No comments: